Fort Myers, Florida
Scott Weinstein was born, raised, and educated in Florida. A University of Florida graduate and second-generation trial lawyer, Scott serves as Morgan & Morgan’s Global Managing Partner. He is the founder and Managing Partner of the firm’s Complex Litigation Group, handling mass tort litigation, consumer class action litigation, and False Claims Act (qui tam) litigation.
Scott also serves as a Foreign Legal Consultant handling complex litigation in Canada and Europe. He is well known in the areas of consumer protection, pharmaceutical and medical device litigation, and cases involving food-borne illnesses. He has spearheaded many consumer class actions in State and Federal Courts nationwide, as well as in Multi-District Litigation. From 2009 to 2012, he was a Member of the Florida Bar Board of Governors—one of many leadership positions he has held in the state.
Scott was appointed Co-Lead and Liaison Counsel for the following notable cases: In re: Denture Cream Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2051 (Southern District of Florida); In re: Heparin Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1953 (Northern District of Ohio); In re: Digitek Products Liability Litigation, MDL No 1968 (Southern District of West Virginia); In re: Total Body Formula Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1985 (Northern District of Alabama); In re: Bayer Corp. Combination Aspirin Products Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation, MDL No. 2023 (Eastern District of New York); In re: Chinese-Manufactured Drywall Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2047 (Eastern District of Louisiana); and In re: Black Farmers Discrimination Litigation, Consolidated Case No.: 08-0511 (District of Columbia), for which he was Class Counsel and a member of the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee.
- Class Action
- Consumer Protection
- Complex Litigation
- False Claims Act
- Government Actions
- Mass Torts
- Member, Florida Bar Board of Governors (2009-2012)
- Past President, Lee County (Florida) Bar Association
- Past Chair, The Florida Bar Grievance Committee "A" Twentieth Judicial Circuit
- Twentieth Judicial Circuit Peer Review Committee
- Past President, Naples/Fort Myers Chapter, American Board of Trial Advocates ("ABOTA")
- Florida Supreme Court approved Arbitrator
- University of Florida (B.S., 1982)
- University of Florida (J.D., 1985)
- The Florida Bar
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Federal Claims