After a successful 10 year career as Special Counsel to the Florida Attorney General’s office, Mr. Young joined Morgan & Morgan’s complex litigation unit focusing on qui tam whistleblower cases nationwide. Mr. Young supervises two retired FBI agents who investigate cases across the country involving fraud against the United States government. Mr. Young also established and heads up the firm’s Government Action practice, including representing numerous governmental clients in the national opioid litigation. Mr. Young has played a key roll in the nationwide lawsuit and was appointed to the Plaintiffs Executive Committee of the Opioid MDL. As part of the committee, he is among the sixteen people responsible for overseeing the more than 180 lawsuits filed regarding the opioid epidemic.
Mr. Young has broad experience and is nationally known in the areas of consumer protection, health fraud, and pharmaceutical litigation. He has served in other leadership positions in numerous multi-state Attorney General investigations, including starting and co-leading the largest consumer protection drug settlement to date, In Re: Risperdal. He was appointed co-lead of the government plaintiffs group in the Vioxx Multi-District Litigation and has served as lead of several litigation subcommittees.
In addition to his responsibilities as an attorney, Mr. Young is the former Chair of the Jacksonville Ethics Commission, a regular contributor to the Morgan & Morgan Complex Litigation Group’s whistleblower blog and a frequent lecturer.
- Class Action
- Government Actions
- Mass Torts
- Whistleblower Complaints
- Chair, Jacksonville Ethics Commission (2012-2013)
- Chair, Florida Bar Grievance Committee "A," Fourth Judicial Circuit (2014-present)
- ABA - Health Law Section (2013-present)
- Florida Bar Federal Court Practice Committee (2014-present)
- Consumer Protection Law Committee of the Florida Bar (2008-2014)
- Chair, Jacksonville Bar Association, Government Lawyer Section (2011, 2012)
- Chair (Education Subcommittee), Jacksonville Bar Association, Government Relations Committee (2012-present)
- University of Florida (B.A., 1993)
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center (J.D., 1997)
- The Florida Bar
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida